I've relocated to an even better website! Be sure that you check Schlosser Designs | Blog for the latest projects, tutorials, and product releases!!!


Hoping for a snow day...even though I'd already had enough.

Well, I woke up giddy this morning, hoping that there was lots of ice to be found and was sorely disappointed. Off to work I went.

However, I visited my family in Northern Utah last weekend...well it was supposed to be Thursday night through Monday morning, but I think I wished for too much snow! (I was secretly hoping it would snow a bunch because it's been too long since I've seen lots of snow!) It took forever driving to the airport Monday morning because of all the snow. I finally got to the airport 25 minutes before my plane was supposed to start boarding. The roads looked like this:

(My dad definitely gets the award for winter weather driver extrodinaire!) I checked in my luggage while my dad checked the tv monitors to make sure that my flight was still leaving. He came back and said it was. I was so worried I wasn't going to make my flight that I asked the lady checking in my bags if she could call the gate and let them know I was on my way. She told me no and then asked me what time my flight left. I told her and she went over to her computers for a second and proceded to tell me that my flight had been cancelled. That's the first time I've ever had a flight cancelled. So she walks me over to the ticket counter so they can reschedule my flight...while walking over there, I'm thinking, well, I'll be a little late getting home tonight, but nothing prepared me for what happened next. The lady at the ticket counter then proceded to inform me that she couldn't get me on any flights until Wednesday! My dad and I looked at each other in shock and then looked back at her and verbally confirmed with her a few times that there were no flights until Wednesday, and it was Monday. (What I didn't realize when I booked my flight in November was that the Sundance film festival was also the same weekend...so it was really busy in Salt Lake City.) I rescheduled for Wednesday and got back into the car. I won't lie and say I wasn't happy to spend a few extra days with my family. :) I found out later that a plane had actually slid off of the runway that morning...good thing they cancelled!
The reason for the visit was that my brother was leaving on his mission to Fresno, CA, Spanish speaking. I went out for one last visit to see him, and my Dad, who will be taking a job in Germany for the next two years. My mom and sister are staying in Logan, UT to finish up their school while my dad works in Germany and my brother is on a mission to California. It was pretty hard to leave, harder than most other times. But after an extended trip of almost an entire week I'm back. Here are some pictures I took while I was there:

This picture is of me, my brother, mom and dad after going to the Logan Temple. (I'm a little stiff because it was really cold!)

This is a picture of my sister making ice cream for me. She works at Cold Stone!

I've been trying to practice taking pictures in general so here are some of my favorites I took while there:


  1. Glad you finally got home! What a mess!

  2. What pretty pictures! I'm so sorry you weren't able to come home to more snow. :) Kyle was really bummed too on Friday to have to make the drive to Denton for school. That's crazy about your flight. Glad you're back!

  3. Erin,
    I forgot that your family lives in Logan. We live in North Ogden just about 20 minutes south of Logan. Did you know the Haslams live in Logan? Anyhow we have had alot of snow this year! If you ever come to Utah again let me know.

  4. Lesley, I must have driven right by your house! Next time I'll be sure to let you know. Surprisingly, Brent Haslam's mom is actually my mom's visiting teacher...I knew they moved back but I wasn't sure if it was to Logan, or just in the valley in another city. There sure was a lot of snow!