I've relocated to an even better website! Be sure that you check Schlosser Designs | Blog for the latest projects, tutorials, and product releases!!!

7.14.2008

Countdown to my 100th post!

On to the countdown related stuff in a minute. I took a break from some paper crafts yesterday to do a purely embroidery project. It's another napkin, but this time no stamping, just pure embroidery. It all started with this book:




I was searching through the selection of books at Half Price Books (I LOVE Half Price Books!!!) and pulled this one off the shelf. It didn't have a spine because it's a spiral bound 225 page book. From the cover I thought it wasn't going to be worth it, but I opened it anyway and the minute I did, I just sat there, so elated, that I had in fact decided to open the book. There are over 200 pages of embroidered sketches in black and white. It's a compilation of sketches from a lady that lived in Virginia in the 1850's. The book suggests that all the designs would look better in white thread on white fabric, kind of like embroidered linens with lace and eyelet. But, as I flipped through I could see in my mind all these beautiful colors and my mind started racing. I feel like I stole the book, it was only $5.00! I brought it home and got started right away. This is the black and white image I decided to use. (If you have trouble picking colors, just make a copy and outline the image in different colors to easily see which colors you would like to use.)

Here's the final product. I did it on a napkin, but I might cut it out and make a little bag with it instead. This one is just too pretty for an everyday napkin. (Although if you do it on a larger napkin, it makes a great way to wrap a fresh loaf of bread to give to a neighbor. The fabric protects the bread, while letting it cool off without sweating. )
Now to the countdown stuff! Everyday this week I'm going to have a post with a different project! I'm so excited! And on the 100th post, which will be Saturday, I'll unveil a new product in the store. This product is pretty cool if I do say so myself, and it was created 100% by me. So come on out sometime this week, leave me a comment and say Hi!


7 comments:

  1. Your project turned out gorgeous! I think it would look great as a napkin OR a bag. You could even frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented and creative. Oh, if I had your patience. Beauty-ful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty... love the colors! What a great 1/2 price find!

    P.S. Looking forward to the countdown to 100!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!! I love the colors you picked. That book sounds so fun! I love Half Price Books too.

    ReplyDelete