I've relocated to an even better website! Be sure that you check Schlosser Designs | Blog for the latest projects, tutorials, and product releases!!!

3.24.2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Happy Spring!

Here's a quick Happy Spring Card I did this weekend in honor of the 1st day of Spring. This would also make a great Easter themed card! I used my Have A Tweet Day clear stamp set for this one. I LOVE the little nest stamp. If you look at the stamp set you'll see a little "bundle" of sticks. With this, you can make your nest as big or as small as you'd like. Just stamp it multiple times in an oval shape to get your nest! Or if you want a border, just stamp it around in the shape of a circle or square. (It's super easy to do because your stamp and the mounting block are clear so you can see right through everything to line it all up!)

I stamped the eggs on white cardstock, cut out, and layered with different thicknesses of foam tape. (Don't forget that you can stack two layers of foam tape to get even more dimension than just one layer. Here I adhered one egg directly to the nest, put 1 layer of foam tape on one, and 2 layers of foam tape on the one in the middle for added dimension.)

After you've stamped the main image, just put a border of velvet rickrack around it and secure the corners with brads.

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. What a totally cute idea- Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hopped over to your blog from the blog party and what a neat site! I love that you are talented in so many crafts; sometimes I feel like I have to choose just one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I love it! I was wondering, what ink pads do you use? Everything I use has not been good to me. Maybe I'm ink-pad-imparied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, What types of things do you stamp on? Just paper? I like the Stewart Superior hybrid stamps. They are permanent but work well on both paper and other mediums like acrylic, fabric, and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! Good choice of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin!!! What a fun card! You have such a great eye for design, color, layout, etc.

    ReplyDelete