I've relocated to an even better website! Be sure that you check Schlosser Designs | Blog for the latest projects, tutorials, and product releases!!!

10.01.2007

Updates...

Last week went by so fast I didn't get a chance to update the blog. Hopefully this will do...

-Christian finished his Harvard application this weekend and will be sending it off tonight...we won't know until January if he's been accepted or not. Good luck Christian!

-We went to the Harvard Business School information session here in Dallas last week. It was at the Dallas Petroleum Club which is on the 40th floor of the JP Morgan Chase Building downtown. It was beautiful! Anyway, after watching their short presentation and listening to the lady from admissions speak we really felt like the school's teaching method, which is the Case Study Method, will work best for Christian as it's all about analyzing and strategies...two of Christian's favorite things to do!

-We finished watching the entire season of Smallville:Season 6. Well, Lex is pretty much pure evil now...

-Our toilet downstairs literally exploded from the inside! My friend and I were just leaving to go to the Women's Broadcast at church when we heard a large crashing sound. It sounded like ceramic or pottery hitting the floor. I figured it was the cats knocking something off of the kitchen counter. I walked over to the kitchen and saw nothing, then I looked towards the bathroom and heard the sounds of gushing water and saw water already creeping out of the bathroom into the kitchen. I ran inside and quickly turned off the water supply so it wouldn't flood anymore. Apparently the white tube that regulates the water flow popped off and up, knocking off the top of the toilet and everything that was on top of the toilet onto the floor. It took the bathroom rug and 3 more large towels to clean up all the water. Tonight I've got to go to Lowe's to get the right part and we'll try to fix it. I've never replaced that part in a toilet before. (As I'm typing this I'm getting more worried about the other toilets. If this one broke, what about the other two upstairs? Are they going to explode soon? Hopefully when I'm around and not at work! Maybe I should replace them all!) If I hadn't heard it before leaving the house I'm positive that water would have been gushing out the front and back door by the time we returned. Hmm...better be safe than sorry on this one.

-I was hoping to finish and post a picture of the headboard I made for our bed, but due to other factors (see below) did not have time this weekend.

-I got pulled over on Wednesday night coming home from the grocery store. I knew the minute that I saw the lights that he pulled me over because one of my headlights was out. (I knew this because I know I wasn't speeding or swerving or any number of dangerous driving things.) I knew it was out, but haven't had the time to replace it. He took my drivers license and proof of insurance and went and looked at the front of the car. When he came back he asked me where my license plate was. (Darn it! I knew I'd get pulled over eventually for it! In Texas it's a felony for not having your license plate on the back and front of your car. We didn't buy our car here so it didn't have the bracket to install it, and I felt weird drilling a hold in my bumper to hold it. I kind of felt like I was reducing the structural integrity of my bumper and figured I'd rather have a working bumper than a second license plate...) I told him I had it and had never installed it. Luckily I got only two warnings. So instead of finishing the headboard on Saturday, I had to take the car in to get a new headlight and have them install the front license plate. So I guess our car's legal again!

I think that's it for now. I've got some more projects I'm working on and will post those shortly! Hopefully! -Erin

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so glad I found it from Celia's. Hope you don't mind if I add it to my friends list. I can't believe your toilet exploded!! I'm glad it happened while you were home so you could turn the water off. And man- I'm totally afraid of getting pulled over right now. Not only is one of my brake lights out but my registration and safety are not done yet (due sept). That's on the to do list right now. See ya!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from Celias too... and Erin, I love it! You are so witty. ;)

    I'm adding you to my blogroll... hope you don't mind! ;)

    Emily Loria

    www.loriafamilydialogues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found my blog! Diane, I'm glad you mentioned the registration...mine's out in two weeks... Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    I don't know if you remember me but this is Lesley Draper, I found your blog from Diane's, hope you don't mind. This whole blog thing is fun, it's a great way to stay in touch.
    Lesley...
    P.S. Harvard that is really neat! What does Christian do?

    ReplyDelete