I've relocated to an even better website! Be sure that you check Schlosser Designs | Blog for the latest projects, tutorials, and product releases!!!

1.27.2008

My first published project!!!

If you've been reading my blog long enough you'll remember that back at the end of August I was excited that I was getting one of my projects published. (You can read the post here) When I signed the publication contract it stated that I wasn't allowed to show the project to anyone until two weeks before the on-sale date of the magazine. Well, the on-sale date is February 5, which means I can now share my project with you!!!! I'm so excited!!! It will be published in the March 2008 PaperCrafts Magazine. Their website is here. They are always looking for projects! Go ahead, submit! Here is where you find out which ones they need at the moment. So without further ado...my project!





Easter Surprise Card





I designed the track system with brads to enable the top to slide up and down. Christian is the one that suggested that I make it an Easter egg with chicks inside. (Thanks Christian! Don't let the accountant persona fool you, he's actually quite creative!!!) When I get the magazine I'll post the page and instructions. I had to write them up and take step by step pictures for the publication, and then they were going to edit and refine them...so as soon as I have the final I'll post it here too. Thanks so much for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Grats Erin!!! The card is super cute. no wonder you're getting published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome- I can't wait to see the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Erin, and it's a cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Erin...congrats on getting published! The rest of us "card swap" girls are going to have to work hard to keep up with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! that is so awesome! It is great to see you take your talent and run with it. Cards swap just moved to a whole new level. :)

    I will probably always be a "CASE"-er, I rarely can come up with my own stuff. KUDOS to you!

    ReplyDelete